There are many reasons why a dental crown or "cap" may be an excellent treatment option for you. Crowns can be used to protect your tooth, to fix a problem (such as a chip or a cavity), or to improve the appearance of your tooth.
A protective cap for your tooth
A dental crown is a protective covering or “cap” that covers the entire tooth. Dental crowns can make teeth stronger and replace any missing tooth structure.
Reasons your dentist may recommend a crown:
- When a back tooth is cracked
- When a tooth has large areas of decay or cavities
- When a front tooth has a large chip in it
- To protect a tooth after root canal treatment
- To improve the shape or shade of your tooth
Please visit our page on dental crowns to learn more!