How can we help you?
You can find answers to some common questions below. Feel free to call us at (336) 760-1277 if you have a question that isn't listed here!
Digital Dental X-Rays
Only the lowest possible dose for our patients: Our modern Winston-Salem office utilizes digital x-rays to make your experience safer, faster, more efficient, and to ensure the lowest possible doses for you and your family.
Our office’s x-ray promise: Our office will only recommend the x-rays that are appropriate and absolutely necessary. For patients who rarely have dental issues, we will take less frequent x-rays than normal. Just like other medical screening procedures, patients have different risks and that is reflected in the x-rays that we prescribe.
Please visit our page on digital x-rays to learn more!
- Less than old “film” dental x-rays: Digital x-rays have 50% less radiation than traditional film-based x-rays.
- Less than a cross-country flight: A flight from Los Angeles to New York City has 40 times the radiation exposure than a single digital dental x-ray.
- Less than a day on the earth: A single day of background radiation from living on the Earth is the equivalent of 2 digital dental x-rays.
- Less than a bunch of bananas: Eating 50 bananas is equivalent to one digital dental x-ray.
- Less than a chest x-ray: A medical chest x-ray is equivalent to 100 digital dental x-rays.
- Less than a mammogram: A mammogram is equivalent to 800 dental x-rays.
- Less than a medical CT scan: A full-body medical CT scan is equivalent to 6,000 digital dental x-rays.