How can we help you?
You can find answers to some common questions below. Feel free to call us at (336) 760-1277 if you have a question that isn't listed here!
Brushing can remove most of the plaque in your mouth, but the plaque in between your teeth can only be removed with flossing. Removing this in-between plaque is essential to prevent cavities and promote gum health.
Yes, we recommend fluoride for most patients. There are many ways to protect the teeth with fluoride, including in-office fluoride varnish treatment, toothpaste, and fluoridated mouth rinses. Drs. Benton and Nelson will assess your fluoride exposure and risk of cavities and recommend a customized prevention plan for you.
Yes, we love children! Our office focuses on family dentistry, meaning we are passionate about providing care to your entire family.
We make their visits fun. During the dental appointment, we will do our best to make your child’s visit as enjoyable as possible. From calling our instruments “Mr. Thirsty” to prizes at the end of the appointment, we focus on making the dentist fun for the whole family!
We accept and file all dental insurance policies. Our office provides excellent care at an affordable price. We accept and file all dental insurance policies and will fight on your behalf so that you receive the maximum benefit.
Financial plans are available. We offer financing plans that allow you to fit your needs into your budget.
Discounts for patients without dental insurance (cash pay). We also offer discounts to patients without dental insurance or for those who prefer to pay in cash.
We accept all forms of payment. We accept cash, credit card, check, and insurance as forms of payment.
Dental sealants are beneficial at all ages. Studies show that dental sealants can protect all back teeth from cavities, regardless of the patient’s age.
Children are covered by dental insurance. In almost all cases, children can have their sealants covered by dental insurance.
For adults, a sealant is cheaper than a filling! Unfortunately, dental insurances usually do not cover dental sealants in patients over the age of 18. However, we encourage all patients to consider dental sealants as they are less expensive than needing a filling on the tooth later because it wasn’t protected.
- Fluoride is beneficial at all ages: Studies show that fluoride is effective at preventing dental decay at all ages. Whether a patient is 5 years old or 90 years old, fluoride could be beneficial to help keep their mouth healthy and cavity-free!
- Children are covered by dental insurance. In almost all cases, children’s in-office fluoride varnish treatments are covered by insurance.
- For adults, fluoride is cheaper than a filling! Unfortunately, dental insurances usually do not cover fluoride applications in patients over the age of 18. However, we encourage all patients to consider fluoride as it is less expensive than needing a filling later on because the teeth weren’t optimally protected.
- Bacteria and plaque can’t get into the tooth: Dental sealants bacteria and plaque from being able to access the deep grooves and pits that exist on your back teeth.
- Reduce cavy risk by up to 80%: Studies have shown that chewing surface cavities can be reduced by up to 80%.
- Quick, easy, and non-invasive: Dental sealants are quick and easy to apply. This simple non-invasive procedure only takes a few minutes and can be completed at your cleaning visits.
We make sure you’re healthy at every dental cleaning visit.
Drs. Benton and Nelson will always make sure your mouth is healthy at each cleaning visit. During the exam, the doctor will evaluate all of your tissues in your mouth as well as your neck and face to make sure they have no signs of oral cancer.
We’re passionate about patient care, and provide screenings at no cost.
Oral cancer screenings are one of the most important things that your dentist and dental hygienist can do for you. We take great pride in providing this service at no additional cost during your routine cleaning and exam.
Manual toothbrushes: If you are using a manual toothbrush, then we recommend one with soft bristles with gentle circular motions.
Electric toothbrushes: Electric toothbrushes have been scientifically proven to be more effective than manual brushes, as they remove more plaque and debris. Currently, Sonicare and Oral B brands are the best. We are happy to recommend an electric toothbrush at your next cleaning visit!
Within 6 months of their first tooth coming in: The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends a year one dental visit or bringing your child to the office within 6 months of their first tooth erupting.
The first visits are all about promoting oral health and checking development: Before age 3, your child probably will not be able to cooperate for a dental cleaning. However, it is still very important to take them to the dentist.
We will focus on discussing ways to promote oral health and prevent decay, such as with a healthy diet and good oral hygiene. We will also examine your child’s teeth to make sure there are no cavities and everything is developing normally.